Editor’s Note: Did y’all hear we were mentioned on my favorite podcast, “The Read”? Check it out if you haven’t yet, Kid Fury and Crissle are hilarious and whip-smart. Now read on for some linky-spamspam!
- Have you read Bim Adewunmi? Neither had I, until now, but I’ll be bookmarking her pieces from now on. Here, she writes about black culture and a simple, but important question: “What is it that prevents other people from seeing themselves in us?”
- Stan Lee may give us a Chinese female superhero!
- Are you 20- or 30-something and in the mood to feel slightly melancholy? This article on how friendship evolves is for you.
- This article, on the “model minority” myth and the legacies of colonial history in Asian America today, is well worth a read.
- Developments in #AssaultatSpringValleyHigh
- If you’ve been living under an Internet-less rock for the past couple of days, just know: the Internet has thoughts about Zola’s twitter story.